Monday, December 1, 2014

Week Nine- Space Opera

When hearing the words Space Opera most people think of Star Wars, or Star Trek. Instead of discussing things I know ( and most space opera nerds out there) I chose to pick up a comic!
A comic called Saga, (monthly) by Brain K. Vaughn and Fiona Stables
Since I own a few of these comics I decided it was time to check them out...
This is the one I chose...

The Comic opens up with a witty line, kinda instantly wanted to read more...
"Would one of you overgrown condom failures kindly remove the dead fucking dragon from my runway?"

The part that makes that line the best thing ever is the fact that the character has a tv/computer screen as a face and apparently her hand morphs into whatever she wants! sword? here my hand.
( the artwork is also awsomeee!)
The comic shows regular people in a war type/ post apocalyptic world living almost regular lives. the only true difference is the fact that all the characters are of different humanoids or are animals with human feelings and way of thinking. It is the norm.

It is much like a Star Wars movie or Star Trek.

Get out there and read Saga!!

No comments:

Post a Comment