Monday, December 1, 2014

Week Twelve - Diverse Position Science Fiction

The week in Class we read the short story Bloodchild by Octavia Butler.
I have got to say this is one of the most creepy and intriguing short story I have read in a very ling time, her writing style is so much different than what I am used too and I loved it!
I think that Bloodchild showed that the human culture as we know it will still somewhat live on but a good portion of our ways will be lost and/or replaced with new ones. In Bloodchild the earth is now shared with another dominant species that is even higher above humans. Humans have become a farming tool of sorts and thats all humans are really good for. breeding. Iv seen this approach before but never as something humans would find endearing. it was disturbing to read about, and picture humans as a weaker race and not on the top of the food chain as we have always thought.

Go out and get disturbed. Read Bloodchild.
(I made my friends read it as well and they loved it )

No comments:

Post a Comment